How to turn the Universal Capabilities within the Local Digital Roadmap – in the financial reality of the NHS.
Local Digital Roadmaps set out how to achieve the ambition of paper free at the point of care by 2020 for the NHS. 77 areas across the nation have submitted documents and assessed themselves against ten universal capabilities. This has left many areas wondering how they can achieve this with tightened budgets, limited resource and tight deadlines.
Building towards an open source platform underpinned with open standards can help achieve the following universal capabilities.
- Professionals across care settings can access GP-held information on GP-prescribed medications, patient allergies and adverse reactions
- Clinicians in U&EC settings can access key GP-held information for those patients previously identified by GPs as most likely to present (in U&EC)
- Patients can access their GP record
- GPs can refer electronically to secondary care
- GPs receive timely electronic discharge summaries from secondary care
- Social care receive timely electronic Assessment, Discharge and Withdrawal Notices from acute care
- Clinicians in unscheduled care settings can access child protection information with social care professionals notified accordingly
- Professionals across care settings made aware of end-of-life preference information
By contacting Ripple we can help you access the following to help build your open integrated platform to deliver your Local Digital Roadmap Universal Capabilities:
- tailor the open platform solution to your own individual requirements
- clinically led technology – built with clinicians for clinicians
- focused on user experience – helps to drive usage
- adaptable technology – use UI/middleware/backend in combination or separately
- future proof – built on openAPIs that are positively promoted by NHS England and NHS Digital with robust records architecture underpinning (openEHR)
- flexible – small or large scale
If you are interested/committed to collaborating, simplifying, standardising and sharing with others in an open manner, please get in touch.